Evaluations -- Anaheim Seminar
Participant evaluations for a 1-day seminar on
"Power of the Spoken Word + Techniques to Communicate with Impact and Sway"
presented on Saturday, September 20, 2008
at the National Safety Council's 2008 Congress & Expo in Anaheim, (Calif.)
Of the 17 participants who turned in evaluations, 15 (= over 88%) rated the
workshop as "excellent." Read on for comments from those who took part in this 1-day workshop:
1. Most effective features: "Actual real examples that are part of everyone's life."
Overall comment: "I found your class excellent in content. You were very entertaining and interesting."
-- Librada Davis, Resource Manager, Contra Costa County
2. Most effective features: "The way you use story to show what is correct or incorrect."
Overall comment: "V.J. is very good at what he does. I could spend 3 days just listening and learning
-- Keith Haynes, Safety Manager, P&H MinePro
3. Overall comment: "This is one of the best classes I have been to in a long time.... Thank you, V.J."
-- Mark Ridenour, UAW Chairperson, Local 422, General Motors
4. Most effective features: "The effective use of words, body language, & eye contact to get your
Overall comment: "This is very useful... It will help me look/sound and be more effective and
-- Rick Bridges, Operational Risk Manager, American Water
5. Most effective features: "Humor, intelligence, good material."
Overall comment: "Good material; you kept the interest going. Keep learning and teaching."
-- Irene Chalkley, Health & Safety Manager, Kellogg's Columbus Bakery
6. Most effective features: "Interaction with the group."
Overall comment: "This has shed tons of light on areas I need to improve in."
-- Joe Edgman, Occupational Safety & Health Specialist, SWRMC, U.S. Navy
7. Most effective features: "Examples of actual speeches, interviews.. .video clips, handouts."
Overall comment: "Excellent presentation and topic; very applicable to safety profession; can improve
my ability to be a successful safety professional and get things done. Enjoyed it very
-- Kevin McMahon, Director, Operational Risk Management, American Water
8. Most effective features: "The real-life examples."
Overall comment: "Very energizing. Great course--Many thanks."
-- Lucy Clarke, Managing Director, Emergency Care Training (Hong Kong)
9. Most effective features: "Course outline is spot on."
Overall comment: "Your energy & enthusiasm is infectious. Thanks."
-- Barry Vest, Production Operations, BP Exploration--Alaska
10. Most effective features: "Real examples described in normal, simple terms."
Overall comment: "Encouraged me to prepare more before I speak."
-- Tricia Faisal, Safety Manager, Kellogg's Snacks
11. Overall comment: "I loved the course. Thank you."
-- Todd Rybicki, Safety Manager, Honeywell
12. Most effective features: "How everything was presented."
Overall comment: "I like the way you listen to your audience and pay attention. You have very good
manners and presentation skills."
-- Jim Suchy, UAW Health & Safety, SPO Chicago, General Motors